*Permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Windows Systems Engineer. This individual needs to have windows, VMware enterprise experience. They also need to have experience with PowerShell Scripting on premise data centers and cloud environment. They need to have knowledge of windows 2016, Active Directory, and group policy file systems.
- Participate in the engineering and deployment planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers including on premise and in Cloud environments.
- Assure optimum systems performance by developing, implementing and following capacity management practices.
- Provide input that assists in identifying hardware and software requirements, alternatives, implementation of solutions, and expanded use of systems.
- Take the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to infrastructure/architecture problems and challenges.
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities by implementing applicable solutions and tools
- Participate in the development of and maintain security, contingency, and system documentation of systems including diagrams, schema logical and physical layouts.
- 7+ years' experience in a position requiring IT technical problem-solving skills
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of PowerShell, including ability to read and write PowerShell functions and modules
- Strong self-management skills, including organization, time management, and prioritization
- Practical experience with system documentation tools and methods
- Prior experience with technology implementation and management methodologies in on premise Data Centers and in a Cloud environment
- Functional understanding of inter-operational relationships of various infrastructure components of an IT infrastructure including but not limited to virtualization technology, server systems, storage technology, network technology, information security, and operational knowledge of application tools.
- Experience and proficiency in Windows Server Administration (2) to include Active Directory, Group Policy, File Systems, Terminal Servers, and Exchange
- Experience and proficiency in VMware technologies and solutions
- Strong analytical ability, including capacity planning, operations methodology, and error detection and resolution techniques.
- Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP Networking (DNS, DHCP,VPN, VLANs, Firewalls, load balancing, SMTP, etc.)
- Effective both independently and as a member of a team
- Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and assigned tasks
- Committed to customer service and performance driven
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task