Claims Intern - Summer 2019
Are you a talented college student looking for the opportunity to have an immediate and long-lasting impact on our customers? Do you have strong customer service and communication skills, and are interested in the insurance industry? If so, this summer 2019 opportunity in our Manhattan Regional Office could be a great fit for you!
What You'll Do: As our Claims Intern during the summer of 2019, you will learn the process of reviewing, investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims involving multi-line insurance coverage. You will learn to investigate the facts of the loss, interpret the policy, and determine whether the loss is covered and if our client/member is liable. The day-to-day functions of this internship may change based on storm season claims, and you will have other projects and duties as assigned. Although previous related experience is desired, we welcome the opportunity to teach the right candidates who possess the traits we need - including strong work ethic, multi-tasking, organization and communication skills.
Our internship program holds an 80/10/10 approach, meaning that 80% of your work time will involve performing tasks or working on projects within your hired work area. Another 10% of the time, you will be exposed to learning in other areas within your assigned division to get more corporate experience. Then, the final 10% will be spent in shared experiences across the organization, where you will get to really learn about our culture and work environment.
This opportunity is a great way for you to get your foot in the door and spend your summer gaining entry level claims/insurance experience, as well as general corporate real world exposure.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
* Be a current college student.
* A quick learner who's looking to learn new concepts and ideas, and able to learn basic understanding of property insurance policies.
* PC literate and able to effectively use our systems. Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
* Effective communicator, have excellent customer service skills, and be team focused.
* Must be detail oriented and willing to ask questions.
* Must be comfortable talking the telephone, as approximately 50% of your time will be spent on the phone.
* Be available to work from our office in Manhattan, KS from 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, May through August 2019.
If you're interested in getting your career started on the right track, joining a company that has a long history of stability, and one that appreciates its employees, we invite you to apply today. Farm Bureau....where t
Associated topics: adjuster, automobile, casualty, claim investigator, claimant, damage, fraud, insurance examiner, liability adjuster, title examiner