Description\"Home Health Nurse Relief\" AdventHealth Shawnee MissionLocation Address:
9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campusesWork Hours/Shift:
Relief PositionYou Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates the activities of health team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Respects each disciplines expertise.
- Evaluates patients need for other disciplines and makes appropriate Agency referrals.
- Respects authority by following the appropriate channels of communication in resolving problems and presenting information.
- Involves patient/family in the planning and implementation of care; prepares patient and/or family for changes in frequencies, transfer and/or discharge.
- Reports changes in the patients status to the team, such as hospitalization, discharges, and physician appointments.
- Completes and maintains clinical records in a timely manner and in accordance with the agencys policy.
- Notifies patients physician of pertinent changes and discharge plans.
- Attends orientation, in-services, and team and staff meetings, as scheduled.
- Obtains physicians written prescription and approval for all treatment changes.
- Participates in home care Performance Improvement Plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and other associates.
- Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of the contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
- Provides care according to established RN practices and standards of care.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with department practice, policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the OASIS Assessment, effectively communicating the results with the entire team, including the physician.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the physician and other referral sources.
- Reviews and revises plan of treatment, as indicated.
- Responsibly cares for tools/equipment issued by agency.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors Degree
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Missouri Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Valid Drivers License
- Current Car Insurance
This position is accountable for the planning and implementation of patient care activities, coordinating the efforts of team members to achieve an individual Patient Care Plan, in order to maximize function within the home, restoring health, or assisting a peaceful death. This position provides, coordinates, supervises and responsibly directs the activities of various levels of assigned nurses and ancillary personnel in the provision of patient care utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.